The International Broadcast Convention (IBC) is the world's leading media, entertainment and technology show. It is the most influential annual event for professionals engaged in the creation, management and delivery of electronic media, worldwide. At IBC2018, TNO showcases its media expertise and technologies at a variety of events.
Rob Koenen, Principal consultant at TNO and VR Industry Forum President, is chairman of the conference session “A Masterclass in VR Technology and Industry” on Sunday, Sept 16, 13:45 in room E102. The session includes a talk by Rob on the state of VR360.
Omar Niamut, programme manager and senior research scientist at TNO and IBC Technical Papers Committee member, is chairing the conference session “Tech Talks: Blockchain” on Monday, September 17, 14:15 at The Forum.
Together with our partners, we showcase our latest technological advances during the Exhibition:
- Our partner Seraphic is demonstrating one of industry’s first HbbTV Operator Apps, designed according to the HbbTV Operator Applications specification. TNO took the initiative and was actively involved in developing this specification. See the demo in Hall 14, stand E12. During the demo on Monday 17 Sept, senior consultant TNO will present “HbbTV OpApps and the virtual STB”. To know more, contact Teun van der Veen.
- Together with our partner KPN, TNO will show UHD HDR broadcasting of the 2018 World Cup football at UHD Forum stand Hall 8, Future Zone F22. To know more, contact Teun van der Veen.
- TNO and LiveArenA, a key global player in the creation and delivery of live and on-demand traditional TV channels to any device anywhere at any time, are introducing Live Broadcast Room, an AI based fully automatic broadcast solution for corporates, hotels, education, broadcasters and every organization who wants to have their own TV channel. This partnership, through which LiveArena uses TNO Sport and Media technology, will allow them to strengthen their position and to lead the next generation automated broadcast production for live events. LiveArena features as a Microsoft partner in Hall 1, stand C27. Meet us for more information or contact Paul Valk.
- TNO is part of the consortium of VR Together. VR Together is a media project funded by the European Commission as part of the H2020 program. It aims at radically improving the experience by innovating in how media formats are used (i.e., how audio, video and graphics are captured, delivered and rendered at users’ homes). Finally VR Together will demonstrate a significant improvement of the feeling of being there together and the photorealistic quality of the content.
Together with the other consortium partners i2CAT, CWI, CERTH, Artanim, Entropy, Motion Spell and Viaccess-Orca, TNO will demonstrate the current state of the project. Join us for the demo at the I3 Media booth, Hall 8, stand B05 or contact email@example.com.
The future zone
TNO is coordinating the ITEA3 project ‘Media Orchestration from Sensor to Screen (MOS2S)’, where we collaborate with Dutch companies such as the Johan Cruijf ArenA, Game On, Inmotio Object Tracking and KPN, as well as with Belgian partners Kiswe, Nokia and VRT, and Korean partners ETRI, JDI and Samsung. On the MOS2S booth at the IBC Future Zone, we demonstrate new technology which provides an enriched experience for TV viewers and stadium visitors during live events, such as football matches and concerts. We showcase results from the world’s first intercontinental live transmission of ultra wideview video (UWV). You can find the MOS2S project in Hall 8, Future Zone stand F10. To know more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TNO spinoff tiledmedia
Working with world-leading partners, TNO spinoff Tiledmedia will be demonstrating its highly optimised clearVR tiled streaming solution for VR360 video distribution at IBC. Tiledmedia’s clearVR technology will be demonstrated at the following booths:
- Harmonic – Hall 1, stand 1.A20
- Intel – Hall 5, stand 5.B65
- MediaKind – Hall 1, stand 1.B27
- Accedo – Hall 14, stand 14.E10
More info about Tiledmedia at IBC.
Want to know more about TNO’s media expertise and technologies? Visit our TNO MediaLab website and our TNO Sport and Media Technology portfolio.