What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for business development and innovative propositions for multiple stakeholders within the area of circular economy and sustainability; more particularly for buildings and infrastructure. Furthermore you will be a consultant in projects of the same topics. In day-to-day operations, you will work together with your colleague Business Developers and your colleagues in the scientific teams.The built environment is one of the key priority areas of the Dutch and European government in their Circular Economy action plans. Therefore, your most important stakeholders are large infrastructural asset managers, the Dutch and European government, provinces and cities, government related institutes, construction companies, network and branche organisations and other knowledge institutes
What do we require of you?
- A university degree in technical field, e.g. civil/building/structural engineering, supplemented by commercial experience;
- A proven track record and five years of work experience in the field of infrastructure and a proven track record in a commercial role (business developer/consultant/project development or project management);
- A relevant network in the built environment and/or infrastructure;
- Strong affinity with the topics building & infrastructure and sustainability;
- Strong affinity with a R&D/Technology oriented working environment;
- Proven and highly developed ability to operate both independently as within a team;
- Ability and experience to handle the full business development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight, developing propositions to actual deal closing with new partners;
- International mindset, including willingness to travel from time to time;
- Fluent in both English and Dutch language.
What can you expect of your work situation?
The Unit Circular Economy & Environment (CEE) is one of the nine units of TNO. The Unit focusses on the transition to a sustainable society. The ultimate goal is to create a circular economy in which the value retention of of products and raw materials is maximized through reuse, remanufacture, recycle or repair and in which wasting resources is minimized.In addition, we focus on a healthy environment and climate. We develop sensors and models that map the quality of the environment and, for example, industrial safety and risks. The development of sensors focuses on sensors for specific substances in ground water and mobile sensors that are used to measure the air quality in cities. We also develop climate and emission models that are used at European level to monitor, for example, the Paris climate targets. Ground observations and satellite data are of great importance in this. As business developer you will directly report to the Market Director of the unit
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 15th of September. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Marinke Wijngaard
Phone number: 08886 62661