Business Developer Energy Infrastructure
Contributing to the energy transition. Envision it. Become Business Developer Energy Infrastructure at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The energy infrastructure enables renewable molecular energy carriers and feedstock to be transported to the market in new or retrofitted energy infrastructure on- and offshore. Maintaining the integrity of energy infrastructure, optimizing its use and monitoring its performance requires domain/application knowledge, knowledge of the physics and of application of innovative sensing and modelling techniques.
What will be your role?
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You are a self-starter and have a creative and solution-oriented brain.
- Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO
- A university degree in the field of applied physics, aerospace or mechanical engineering
- Five to ten years of work experience in a strategic commercial role, with proven track record in business-to-business project development, building public-private partnerships and the ability to develop new propositions and sell ‘industry firsts’.
- Strong affinity and network within a R&D/Technology oriented working environment, particularly in the field of energy;
- International experience and mindset (including some travelling) is considered a plus.
- Fluent in both English and Dutch language
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
In the past decades, TNO has built and maintained an internationally leading knowledge position in the area of energy infrastructure and digitalization of smart integrated energy networks. Our fluid dynamics and network modelling team has an international renowned position and has been rated ‘internationally leading/dominant’ by independent international committees. TNO supports the industry and government on the transition of the offshore infrastructure for H2 or CO2 transport, and the development of onshore infrastructure such as the H2 backbone and the Delta corridor. TNO is working with government and industry partners in developing the required knowledge in this field to achieve the acceleration of the energy transition. In other words, you’ll be working in a highly motivated, informal, multi-disciplinary team, with an international strong position and a variety of stakeholders and projects with impact on our future society.
The selection process
Please apply before the 15th of August, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 26th of August, 2022. The second interview round has been scheduled for the 2nd of September, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
duation project at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Hiring manager: Richard Braal
Phone number: 08886 66301