TNO extends the boundaries of technology and ensures that innovations become part of everyday life. This leads, for example, to the next generation of laser communication satellites with extremely safe quantum systems.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a colleague who can identify potential customers and partners from a broad view of the business opportunities and negotiated (collaboration) contracts. You are a business developer who acts as an advisor and sounding board to the management of satellite primes and operators on their business issues.
You translate current and future business issues and opportunities in the sector into concrete R&D programmes and projects with our experts, and attend to the associated acquisition process.
There are challenges in your role as Business Developer:
- Identifying the needs of the market, developing and creating breakthroughs in the form of entry positions in various market segments, with new customers and world-leading industries. The focus is on our space activities/portfolio in the field of innovative satellite communication (satcom) technologies and systems (e.g. laser satellite communication, 5G, radio frequency);
- Implementation & development of the TNO strategy in the space and especially satcom market;
- End-to-end management of sales processes: from start (Networking & Business Development) to finish, including contract negotiations and after-sales;
- Actively steering the business development & sales process, including market strategies and market plans, propositions and quotations with the emphasis on innovative contract research for complex and multidisciplinary customer issues, in consultation with the Market Director and satcom business development;
- Based on thorough knowledge of the market and together with the relevant experts, determining the commercial strategy and designing/organising the process;
- Manage internal bid process: organize bid/no-bids with the applicable TNO stakeholders such as Director, resource managers, legal, finance, expertise;
- Manage/Coordinate bidding strategy: align / coordinate proposal and proposal team to bidding strategy.
- Market testing - business intelligence;
- Formulating and positioning value propositions.
- Organising the international and national supply chain when it comes to series products;
- Marketing communication of innovative services through websites, trade fairs, presentations, publications and symposia.
What do we require of you?
You are a committed and enthusiastic professional who combines a strong specialist and advisory commercial background with an enterprising drive. You keep track of developments, are politically adroit and understand the playing field between world-leading prime contractors and European, American and Dutch partners and clients. Furthermore, you are able to fathom (complex) technical and business problems and to find a suitable proposition for them.
What else can you offer?
- A university degree in a technical/engineering subject.
- Experience in telecommunications, preferably in space.
- An active network in the space sector and national and international high tech world, preferably with the (international) primes and other key players in this market
- Experience as a Business Developer in a complex organization.
- The space telecom domain holds no more surprises for you. You make sure you are aware of missions, who the users are and what the sensitivities around these missions are.
What can you expect of your work situation?
Space plays a crucial role in the daily life of everyone on Earth. Satellites for communication, earth observation and astronomy are increasingly becoming a unique and crucial part of our planet’s infrastructure. TNO Space & Scientific Instrumentation delivers – in close cooperation with industry – breakthrough technology for space and scientific instruments. Kees Buijsrogge, Director Space & Scientific Instrumentation: “We do this to prevent air pollution and climate change, help understanding the universe, enable secure broadband connectivity and stimulate economic growth.”
For more than 50 years we have developed instruments with ingenious creativity that deliver world-class performance. Over the years, dozens of satellites and also ground based telescopes have been equipped with systems that TNO has designed, built and tested. Our technology ranges from spectrometers for earth observation to opto-mechanical instruments and other high-tech mission-critical space components for space science and optical communication applications.rld-class performance. Over the years, dozens of satellites and also ground based telescopes have been equipped with systems that TNO has designed, built and tested. Our technology ranges from spectrometers for earth observation to opto-mechanical instruments and other high-tech mission-critical space components for space science and optical communication applications.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. Visit this page to find out more about our flexible terms of employment.
After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions dont't hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Kees Buijsrogge
Phone number: 08886 62497