What will you be doing?
TNO’s mission is to contribute to an acceleration of the sustainable energy transition through our research and technology. We believe that efficient and safe use of the subsurface as an energy source and buffer will be a key enabler of this transition. Large scale efficient and safe production of geothermal energy and energy storage (e.g. of heat, compressed air, or natural gas) are expected to become crucial elements of a clean and robust future energy system.
If you share this vision and ambition, and you bring the right skills and background, you are the one we are looking for!
As our new colleague your mission will be to develop the projects and partnerships that will enable us to realize our ambitions for the sustainable geo-energy domain. Your work will focus on geothermal energy, large scale subsurface energy storage & buffering, and carbon capture storage and utilization.
The scope of your work will be mainly the geosciences and subsurface engineering, but you will also be interacting with host of other disciplines In your daily work, you will collaborate closely with the other Business Developers in your team and with our research groups.
What do we require of you?
- A university degree in the field of geosciences and/or technology, supplemented with commercial experience;
- Five to ten years of work experience in a strategic commercial role, with a track record in business-to-business project development, building public-private partnerships and the ability to develop new propositions and sell ‘industry firsts’.
- Extensive network in the energy domain, including geo-energy;
- Demonstrated affinity with a research and technology-oriented environment,
- A commercial mindset and strong negotiating, networking, and coaching skills;
- Demonstrated ability to operate both independently as in diverse teams;
- Experience in the entire business development trajectory, from gathering initialmarket insight to closing sales;
- International experience and orientation is considered a plus.
- Fluent both in English and Dutch, additional language skills in German & Spanish are a plus
- Willingness to travel
What can you expect of your work situation?
In the past decades, TNO has established itself as a leading expertise center in
the Geo Energy domain. TNO has a recognized position in both oil & gas and CCUS research and consultancy
and has more recently been expanding its portfolio in the geothermal energy and subsurface energy storage domains. Our mission for the coming years is to enable the efficient and safe use of the subsurface as a source and buffer in a sustainable energy system. To this end, TNO is working with governmental and industry partners to develop the knowledge and technologies that will shape and accelerate the sustainable energy transition.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 31st of July. The process comprises at least two(selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy aroused your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Monique Wee, van der
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-24613828
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiringmanager: Richard Braal
Phone number: 08886 66301