Business Developer | The Hague
Would you like to contribute to national security? Envision it. Become a National Security Business Developer for TNO’s Defence, Safety and Security (DSS) unit in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
National security in the Netherlands. Top of mind every day! Developments are occurring at a rapid pace, requiring a lot of focus. TNO has the task of contributing pragmatic, tangible solutions to the topic of national security through innovation and applied research. As a National Security Business Developer, you’ll fulfil a pivotal role in this. You’ll bring all parties together – private companies, knowledge institutions, public authorities, and TNO. You’ll make sure the private and public sectors actually implement our unique innovations. Our ultimate goal is to create a safer Netherlands. Would you like to contribute to this?
What will be your role?
The National Security market team of TNO’s Defence Safety and Security (DSS) unit will be your home base. The team is made up of seven business developers, an event manager, and is supported by a secretariat. You’ll work closely with the researchers and scientists of the DSS unit and other expertise groups within TNO. With us, you’ll find a nice, open working atmosphere in which we support, inspire, and learn from each other.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university degree in business economics, management/business administration, supplemented with commercial knowledge gained through study and/or experience.
- You have at least ten years of work experience and extensive demonstrable experience implementing groundbreaking innovations from R&D tracks, while working with various stakeholders.
- You have experience with the application of knowledge innovations in public-private partnerships, such as RVO/Topsectoren, Groeifonds, or AiNed.
- You have affinity with products and companies related to the field of national security and possess abundant knowledge of current national-security developments. You’re able to translate this into our societal task and that of the various parties active in the domain.
- You possess demonstrable experience with topics such as intelligence, counter-terrorism, and cyber.
- You’re able to communicate and advise at a CEO level of companies and with the professionals working at the implementing organisations.
- You have an excellent command of both Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance, a bicycle or a leased car.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks. It is possible the vacancy will be closed earlier if we have received sufficient applicants.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Rogér Pellemans
Phone number: +31 (0)6-500 03325