Business Development Manager Health Care Devices | Eindhoven
Contributing to the Health Care Devices for the future. Envision it. Become a Business Development Manager at TNO in Eindhoven.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
HOLST CENTRE is a leading R&D institute, located at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven. We develop technology that responds to the global societal challenges of tomorrow and contributes to a healthier and more sustainable world. Our innovations are aimed at improving the vitality and wellbeing of people, and ensuring sustainable environments. We strengthen the economic power of our industry partners by developing world-class, breakthrough technology solutions that they can bring to their markets. Application areas we work vary from next generation of batteries to integrated photonics to medical device technology. Are you passionate about Health Care Devices? A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset? Then this might be the exciting and rewarding position you are looking for.
What will be your role?
The Business Development Manager position will be located at TNO at Holst Centre, though it builds on close relations with several competence groups based both in TNO and its research partners. Hence close collaboration with your BD colleagues as well as legal and IP is expected.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Translate market trends and needs into value propositions based on TNO at Holst Centre unique R&D offerings
- Convert propositions into collaboration proposals based on TNO at Holst Centre various business models ranging from shared research programs, bilateral projects to government funded projects and spin off creation.
- Manage to total business development process until deal closing in close collaboration with management, technical, legal and IP teams.
- Advise Program Management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions on the research roadmap, providing market requirements and product definitions.
- Represent Holst Centre at external fairs and exhibitions where customers, universities, chip foundries and design houses meet one another.
- Keep track of the latest market insights. Benchmark and validate the value of Holst Centre's solutions versus what is available elsewhere in the market.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- MSc or PhD degree in beta-sciences or equivalent through experience, preferably with an MBA.
- Ideally, you combine this with a minimum of 3 years of experience in business development for R&D projects.
- You have proven experience with sales/development projects in a complex environment;
- General knowledge of the integrational aspects of medical devices (e.g. materials, manufacturing processes etc).
- Excellent knowledge of the technologies and markets and use this to advise and promote to customers the most suitable solutions, in collaboration with the technical teams at Holst Centre.
- Ability to handle the full Business Development trajectory, from gathering initial market insight to actual deal closing with new partners / clients of Holst Centre;
- Willingness to travel worldwide (approx. 20%) on a frequent basis. Holst Centre has partners in Europe, Asia and the United States
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Brahim Dagdaoui
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-111 60129
Hiring manager: Ton Mol, van
Phone number: +31(0)4040 20509