Consultant 5G and Cloud | The Hague
Contribute to innovative projects with high-speed mobile technology. Envision it. Become a 5G and Cloud Consultant at TNO in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Smart, mobile technology requires high-speed networks and cloud solutions – for applications in healthcare, the processing industry, agriculture, transport, but also to protect our safety. Such developments don’t just come like a bolt out of the blue. As a 5G and Cloud Consultant at TNO in The Hague, together with clients and partners, you will develop shared, innovative research projects for pragmatic applications. In which domains? You get to decide based on your interests. Work at the forefront of mobile technology and build bridges between the client demands and the opportunities provided by applied research!
What will be your role?
Your home base is the Networks expertise group of the ICT unit. A fun and diverse team of 70 highly educated colleagues from different backgrounds and with differing levels of experience. All our areas of expertise (such as cloud, 5G/6G, and media) come together in our projects. We offer a safe, low-threshold environment in which you can quickly find your way. You’re not alone at TNO; we support each other and are open to your ideas! How to get to know us? By participating in our knowledge sessions and fun (currently virtual) departmental outings.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of and experience with Linux systems, the cloud, 5G, and preferably, several programming languages. You’re quickly able to brush up on the specific knowledge you’re missing.
- Knowledge of containerisation, network-function virtualisation, network programmability and orchestration.
- Passionate about innovations (including 6G).
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Possibility of a permanent contract.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- An employer that appreciates and stimulates diverse talent, through initiatives including the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community, and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- A good pension scheme.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 30th of January, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 8th of February, 2022. The second and third interview round has been scheduled for the 14th of February, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Hiring manager: Dick Smirren, van
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 67268