What will you be doing?
As a Data Analyst for the Marketing & Communication department, you will perform in-depth analyses for tno.nl, social media, the intranet and campaigns.
- analysing and interpreting data on behavioural patterns to provide insight into trends and developments in customer behaviour, including proactively identifying opportunities and possible improvements;
- creating and managing dashboards and reports;
- target group analysis based on various sources and the CRM system for targeting and personalisation;
- improving digital performance;
- analysing traffic flows and website behaviour;
- go-to person for all data-related questions relating to our digital performance;
- sharing knowledge so that colleagues can do basic analyses themselves;
- proactively advising M&C colleagues;
- creating a clear vision of which customer data are relevant and how we can effectively generate and maintain these data;
- facilitating and initiating data-driven decisions;
- initiating and supervising A-B tests based on data hypotheses.
What do we require of you?
The ideal candidate for the role of Data Analyst has the following profile:
- higher professional (HBO) or university degree in commercial economics, econometrics, business administration, business economics or a similar field, preferably with (database) marketing specialisation;
- you have at least 6 years of relevant work experience in similar positions as a digital/online data analyst;
- you have thorough knowledge of and experience with data and target group analysis (including Google analytics, Tryane, Hotjar and Coosto);
- you have an excellent command of Dutch and English;
- experience with forecasting is a plus.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till 28th of April 2019. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Anneke Geerts
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-556 94125
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Carla Kip
Phone number: +31 (0)6-112 78788