Diamond Quantum Expert | Delft
Contributing to Quantum applications for the future. Envision it. Become a Diamond Quantum Expert at TNO in Delft.
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
TNO’s mission is to apply scientific knowledge and technology into higher TRL (Technology Readiness Level) applications. We do this on the topic of Quantum Technology too. We design and build as well, designing and building quantum devices, as well as systems. These leverage on their quantum properties (for application in communication, computing or sensing). Are you looking for an intriguing project, at the boundary between science and engineering? Do you have experience with Quantum Devices in Diamond? TNO is active on that front and is looking to expand its team of specialists. You will be working in the Quantum Technology department of TNO on projects. These we perform directly for customers or in tight collaboration with academic institutions. In particular, TNO and TU Delft work closely within the QuTech collaboration, which addresses scientific challenges and engineering issues in a joint know-how center.
What will be your role?
As Diamond Quantum Expert, you will be part of the TNO’s diamond team, which designs and manufactures diamond devices and hardware systems. Furthermore, you will support the colleagues involved in commercial activities.
Learn more about Quantum Technology at TNO: Unit Industry | TNO, Working with applied quantum technologies | TNO and New possibilities with quantum technology | TNO.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A Ph.D. in quantum technology.
- 5+ years of experience in diamond quantum devices and their application in quantum computing, communication, and sensing.
- An established network in the field and a proven track record of international projects is considered a plus.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 4th of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in weeks 28 and 29. The second interview round has been scheduled for weeks 30 and 31. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile: +31(0) 6 29 23 67 94
There are more Quantum vacancies available on: Vacancies | TNO
Hiring manager: Jeremy Veltin
Phone number: +31 (0) 6 31 75 70 83
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin
Phone number: +31 (0)6-317 57083