Dynamics & Control Specialist | Delft
Contributing to the future technology of industry. Envision it. Become a Dynamics & Control Specialist at TNO in Delft.
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Moreover, you are familiar with control engineering terminology and know the basics of linear control theory and controller synthesis, both in the classical and mathematical sense. You can think in the frequency domain, and thus know how to interpret Bode diagrams and Nyquist plots, and can relate these to mechanical properties of the system. You are able to apply loop-shaping techniques, assess the resulting closed-loop behavior of the whole system for both models and real systems, and are familiar with dynamic error budgeting techniques. Preferably, you are also familiar with more advanced synthesis techniques such as robust and adaptive control.
Read and see more about the TNO unit Industry: Unit Industry | TNO and Behind the scenes at TNO Unit Industry - YouTube.
About the specific group: Optomechatronics | TNO.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A Master in Science degree and preferably a PhD degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with a specialization in dynamics and control.
- At least 4 years working experience, either in industry or academia.
- A pioneering mentality, and you are comfortable with the uncertainty that comes with scientific and engineering challenges.
- You are a team player, enjoy working with people from other disciplines to create innovative solutions starting from a blank sheet of paper, and enjoy cooperating with fellow dynamics and control experts to learn and share knowledge.
- With your excellent communication skills, energy, creativity and a boundless curiosity, you can convince and inspire colleagues and customers alike.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 6th of February, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in weeks 7 and 8. The second interview round has been scheduled for the weeks 8 and 9. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Monique Oldenburg
Phone number: +31 (0)88 8661310