Are you the spider in the web who represents Geologische Dienst Nederland in a client focused, correct and accurate way regarding handling of very diverse requests and notifications of in- and external clients regarding Basic Registration Subsurface (BRO?
What will you be doing?
Geologische Dienst Nederland is the expertise and knowledge centre regarding the subsurface of The Netherlands. An important task is taking care of high quality information of the subsurface. A very client focused and high-quality servicedesk is hereby essential.
Your duties consist of:
- Client focused and handling client notificationss in an adequate way;
- Firstline support of clients who make use of GDN’s services;
- Monitoring that assigned notifications will be handled within the SLA agreed solution time;
- Taking care of reportings regarding notifications;
- Signalling of frequently returning questions and advising about the way these questions can be prevented;
- Signalling of commercial opportunities and discussing of these opportunities with accountmanagers;
- Checking of BRO registrations and taking care of entry in the BRO register;
- Handling of requests for data outside of the standard service.
What do we require of you?
- Upper secondary vocational / higher vocational education level;
- You are customer-friendly and service-oriented with decisiveness;
- You have good knowledge of Dutch and English language;
- Je hebt een zeer goede mondelinge en schriftelijke uitdrukkingsvaardigheid;
- You have very good oral and written communication skills;
- You are accurate;
- You have good knowledge of an IT organization;
- You are proactive regarding optimalisation of service.
What can you expect of your work situation?
A dynamic organisation with room for creative input with a high level of autonomy.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 3rd of March. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. The first round of interviews is scheduled on the 19th of March. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Mirjam Bartels-de Ruiter
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62014