Experienced LCA Expert Circular Plastics | Utrecht
Contributing to transition towards a Circular future. Envision it. Become an LCA expert circular plastics at TNO in Utrecht.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
TNO’s business unit Circular Economy and Environment is looking for an experienced LCA expert.
What will be your role?
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a background in Industrial ecology, environmental sciences or chemical engineering and at least a MSc or PhD in modelling of impact assessment or LCA development.
- Additional at least 5-7 years relevant working experience.
- You have relevant experience in advising governments and industry partners on sustainability and circular economy and used to work in complex multi-level stakeholder groups.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A challenging environment for talent, where you can work with passion on topics that matter!
- A multidisciplinary team, with cooperation with other TNO teams and stakeholders from industry and government.
- A good pension scheme.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses or a bicycle.
- Possibility of a permanent contract
- 28 holiday days and 5 atv days (with fulltime employment).
- Activities with your team and other TNO employees, such as the monthly get-together. This way you quickly get to know many people.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home.
- Opportunity to follow courses, training and workshops and to visit congresses, and coaching if you need it.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
Within the Circular Economy & Environment unit, the CAS (Climate, Air & Sustainability) expertise group analyses the impact of human activity on the environment.
The core expertise of CAS is quantitative impact analysis of environmental, socio-economic and technological developments through a) quantitative life cycle information on the sustainability of products and technologies to foster the development of the circular economy and b) monitoring and modelling the fate of pollutant emissions that contribute to climate change, poor air quality and ecosystem degradation. Our focus areas, and therefore our employees, are at the heart of the social debate: climate change, energy transition, clean air, transition to a (more) circular economy and preventing biodiversity degradation.
The selection process
The application procedure consists of two rounds of interviews. In a final, third interview, we discuss the conditions of employment, which you put together yourself. We aim to complete the entire procedure within four weeks.
An online assessment and reference check can be part of the selection procedure.
Due to the corona measures, the application procedure and the introductory period look different than usual. You will receive more information about this with your invitation for the first interview.
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anouk Bos
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-413 74015
Hiring manager: Gerard Laan, van der
Phone number: 088 866 2038