Innovator Cyber Security | The Hague
Contribute to the development of technical and organisational means for the Netherlands to secure itself digitally. Envision it. Become a Cybersecurity Innovator at TNO in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
• You see cybersecurity not only as a technical problem, but also as a challenge requiring a multidisciplinary approach. • You approach issues from a systems perspective and have an eye for the interplay between people, technology and organisations. • You can't get enough of news articles and background papers on the impact of new cybersecurity legislation or technologies on businesses and organisations in the Netherlands. • You have a passion for innovations in the digital domain and have a vision of the various technical and organisational means for the Netherlands to secure itself digitally. • You don't just want a job, you want to make a difference. You want to do that together with an enthusiastic team and be continuously inspired. We are looking for a researcher who wants to strengthen our team in cybersecurity projects. We carry out these projects for and with departments, security organisations and businesses. You approach issues with an analytical and critical eye and get your teeth into them. You are able to translate new developments to fit the client's practice. For our projects, we are looking for someone with strong research skills, technical insight and an affinity with the security domain.
What will be your role?
You will work in the cybersecurity team of the Networked Organisations research group. We focus on advising and supporting mainly ministries and government bodies, such as Justice and Security, Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, the police and Defence, and public organisations in creating a resilient, safe and liveable society. Our group understands and optimises the networks and processes required by examining how information travels through networks, how risks and vulnerabilities arise from dependencies within these networks and how decisions are made. We work within TNO together with experts in various related fields and outside TNO with various national and international consortia to make our knowledge widely available. With our knowledge, we innovate and support the implementation of new innovations in the security domain in fields such as cybersecurity, risk and crisis management, surveillance and protection, security of critical infrastructures and investigation and enforcement.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You are substantively motivated and client-oriented, have strong analytical skills and a fascination with discovering and shaping new solutions for complex issues. You are able to make the link between science, technology and the daily working practice of organisations.
- You have a solid and demonstrable knowledge base in the field of cybersecurity and an understanding of the technological concepts involved.
- You enjoy working in a team and are able to work on various projects simultaneously. You have completed a university programme (e.g. information science, technical business administration, political science, computer science or data science) and preferably have an existing network in the cybersecurity community.
- You have affinity with the security domain.
- Finally, you have excellent communication skills and you share as a matter of course the knowledge you have and acquire (both written and oral and in both Dutch and English.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 12th of June, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Heleen Stork
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-515 34922
Hiring manager: Karin Jong, de
Phone number: +31 (0)6-515 42255