Internship | Active Battery Health Diagnosis
Want to contribute to a worthwhile sustainable solution? You can by dedicating your thesis to battery research! Help us, at the TNO Powertrains department, to implement ideas at the leading edge of science/engineering and realize them.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Your thesis will give a valuable contribution to TNO’s ambition to create an active battery diagnostic system. This system will manipulate power electronics like chargers to periodically scan battery health. By keeping track of the battery health, steps can be taken to extend battery lifetime, allowing batteries to last longer and drive down costs.
- Develop and implement a method to compare real world battery health measurements, acquired by the TNO active diagnostic system, during changing circumstances.
- Test and validate the method
- Analyze the method’s performance and suggest future improvements
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Jeet Rath
Phone number: +31 (0)6 114 37550