What will you be doing?
You’ll create a control program (in Matlab/Simulink) to realise an automated test platform (test hardware is already available) for our battery cell test equipment. The current procedure involves multiple steps of test profile definition, battery testing and parameter calibration.
The goal of the assignment is to create an automated procedure which has to be fed with some basic information (available from specifications/datasheet before a battery cell is tested by us) and produces a set of calibrated and validated parameters for our battery models. The complete process shouldn’t require any user interruption after starting it, and preferably (if assignment time allows for it) it should automatically create a test and identification report in a predefined template and be controlled via an intuitive GUI.
- Literature survey and knowledge development.
- Familiarize yourself with methods of battery modelling and typical parameter identification for those.
- Identify and prepare separate components of the procedure.
- Based on our current procedure, scripts and test profiles, gather the relevant ones and prepare those for automation.
- Create a high-level control program to control the individual steps.
- The separate components need to be controlled in the proper sequence and data from one needs to be correctly used to control the other components.
If time allows for it:
- Create a report generation tool and embed it in the high-level controller.
- Create a GUI to run the high-level controller.
What do we require of you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering.
- Knowledge in Matlab/Simulink.
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What can you expect of your work situation?
You will work together with a team of enthusiastic battery experts on a very relevant topic in the automotive industry. The results will be used in a large European project in which we collaborate with key partners in the automotive field, including several OEMs.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Róbinson Medina Sánchez
Phone number: +31 (0)6-116 63551