Internship | Battery Remaining Useful Life Prediction
Want to contribute to a worthwhile sustainable solution? You can by dedicating your thesis to battery research! Help us, at the TNO Powertrains department, to implement ideas at the leading edge of science/engineering and make it a reality.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Your thesis will give a valuable contribution to TNO’s ambition to create a remaining useful life algorithm for batteries. Specifically by bringing the theory closer to practical implementation. A remaining useful life algorithm supplies battery owners with an estimate of how long their battery will last. Knowing how long the battery will last allows the owner to prove the resale value to a potential buyer, resulting in a lower battery cost over time and improves the chances batteries are reused in other applications prior to being scrapped/recycled.
- Use machine learning to create a battery remaining useful life estimation algorithm and determine the baseline performance.
- Manipulate data and incrementally add realistic imperfections into the data to investigate the effect on algorithm performance.
- Suggest methods to mitigate inaccuracy caused by the imperfections introduced.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering, computer science, data science.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering, computer science, data science.
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Jeet Rath
Phone number: +31 (0)6 114 37550