Are you interested in contributing to a more sustainable future? In the powertrains department, we work to develop modern means of transport such that they meet strict gas regulations and contribute to a greener future.
What will you be doing?
The powertrains department of TNO is continuously working on the development of transportation systems with zero emissions. Among other topics, the powertrains department focuses on the development of Battery Management Systems (BMS) for electric and hybrid electric vehicles. We are therefore looking for students with experience in one of more of the following topics:
- BMS algorithms, such as Remaining Useful Life estimation, State of Health Estimation, etc.
- Application of Machine learning towards BMS.
- Physics based models for battery systems.
- Embedded implementation of Battery Management algorithms.
- Practical experience with battery packs, e.g. assembling, instrumenting them.
- On-line estate and parameter estimations on battery models.
If you have experience on any of these topics and you are motivated in expanding your knowledge on them, please write us a motivation letter where you highlight this experience/desire.
Please notice that we are flexible with respect to the exact nature of the topic, the start date, the assignment duration, and type of assignment (internship/thesis).
What do we require of you?
What do we require of you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, electrical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, embedded systems, electrical engineering.
- You are familiar with some of the topics above.
- You have broad experience in Matlab/Simulink.
- You enjoy developing practical solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What can you expect of your work situation?
You will work together with a team of enthusiastic scientists on a BMS topic in the automotive industry. You will have the opportunity of using some of industrial automotive related tools. You will also be part of an European wide project or Dutch national project, which will give you a better view of how the automotive sector works.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career, an internship provides you with the opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO also goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us, you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your internship, and be given the scope for you to exceed yourself and your expectations. We also provide suitable compensation for internships.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Róbinson Medina Sánchez
Phone number: +31 (0)6-116 63551