What will you be doing?
You will be working on the calibration and validation of TNO’s HPDI combustion model. The model is developed in Matlab/Simulink® . Using available engine and in-cylinder measurement data you will calibrate and validate the model. You will develop a systematic model calibration approach using available calibration methods for conventional combustion models as a starting point.
For this MSc project, the following activities are foreseen:
- Literature study on HPDI combustion
- Process available measurement data
- Setup framework for HPDI combustion model calibration method
- First calibration of HPDI combustion model using available data
- Validation of obtained calibrated model using independent set of data
- Write internship report and present main findings
What do we require of you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering
- Knowledge in Matlab and Matlab/Simulink and affinity with modelling and simulation
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
You will work together with a team of enthusiastic combustion experts on a very relevant topic in the automotive industry. The assignment combines use of experimental measurement data with numerical work.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Róbinson Medina Sánchez
Phone number: +31 (0)6-116 63551