What will you be doing?
Our (work) environment has an important, and potentially avoidable, impact on our health. For the the technology cluster ‘Exposure Assessment and Risk Management’ we are continuously looking for students interested in an internship in one of the following domains:
- When working with asbestos, the release of fibres can present a hazard to both the worker and the environment. TNO collaborates with various stakeholders on innovative solutions to enable people to work in a healthy environment and limit risks to both people and their surroundings.
- The concept 'exposome' – the totality of exposure of a person experiences during his or her lifetime –can help to increase knowledge about exposure-response relations (e.g. by using new sensor technology) and enable the development of preventive measures.
- We develop predictive models for exposure and risk contributing to safer workplaces. Recent tools we developed include (d)ART ((dermal) Advanced REACH Tool), ECEL (Exposure Control Efficacy Library) and Stoffenmanager.
- TNO has expertise in every aspect of nano material safety based on ongoing work in European and National research projects as well as business to business projects. We provide practical and pragmatic advise for different group of stakeholders.
- To minimize human health risks caused by biological agents and plant protection products TNO conducts exposure- and risk assessment and management including field studies and model development.
If you are interested in one of these topics and want to know the internship possibilities, please contact us.
What do we require of you?
- You are a Master’s student with a passion for Exposure Assessment and Risk Management
- You enjoy being part of a multi-disciplinary team, but can also work independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences is an advantage.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Eelco Kuijpers
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 60783