Internship | Modeling and Diagnostics of a Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Mobility is an application areas that is highly investigated to accelerate the market share of hydrogen fuelled vehicles. The goal of this internship is to extend the simulation tool for hydrogen fuel cell (FC) vehicles to include FC degradation effects and/or FC diagnostics approaches.
What will be your role?
The hydrogen fuel cell model and simulation results will be used to improve understanding of the fuel cell degradation processes in relation to operating conditions. Based on this model, diagnostics for state-of-health of the fuel cell can be developed. This will help to increase the lifetime of a fuel cell system, which will enable the cost-effective use of hydrogen fuel cell systems for commercial vehicles.
In this project, the following activities are foreseen:
- Literature survey on degradation models
- Familiarize with TNO’s fuel cell model
- Implement degradation models into the main fuel cell model
- Simulation of hydrogen fuel cell at a variety of conditions
- Validation of the model with existing experimental data
- Parameter variation study to understand degradation process sensitivities
- Analysis simulation results
- Report writing and presentation of results at TNO
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, chemical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, chemical engineering.
- Experience with and knowledge about Matlab.
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Due to Covid-19 and the consequent uncertainties and restrictions, students who are not residing in the Netherlands may currently not be able to start an internship or graduation project at TNO.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Jeet Rath
Phone number: +31 (0)6 114 37550