What will you be doing?
In this challenging internship, it is your task to implement a set of possible configurations in simulation, and evaluate their impact on energy/cost savings via a simplified simulation model. Models will be provided to you (electric bus, truck, off-road), and optimization tools, although you will be responsible for the implementation and analysis. To avoid the complex task to developing control, you may utilize Dynamic Programming methods supplied to you in the form of a toolbox. Your work will consider co-design of the infrastructure and charge control system (normally vehicle-centric). You will not be required to model the grid, with the focus on demand and demand optimization against fixed constraints.
Literature survey and knowledge development:
- Familiarize yourself with methods of modelling and typical parameter setting for those
Identify and prepare separate components of the procedure:
- Based on our current procedure, scripts and test profiles, gather the relevant ones and prepare those for your own study
Create a high-level control assess the powertrain:
- The separate components need to be controlled in the proper sequence and data from one needs to be correctly used to control the other components
If time allows for it:
- Create a report generation tool and embed it in the high-level controller
- Create a GUI to optimise the high-level controller
What do we require of you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering.
- You are coursing a master in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering
- Knowledge in Matlab/Simulink
- You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism.
What can you expect of your work situation?
You will work together with a team of enthusiastic experts on a very relevant topic in the automotive industry. The results will be used in connection to ongoing projects in which we collaborate with key partners in the automotive field, including several OEMs.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Róbinson Medina Sánchez
Phone number: +31 (0)6-116 63551