Internship | PRICE VOLATILITY LCC
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
The unit of Circular Economy and Environment of TNO is involved in many projects in which the sustainability of innovations is assessed by the department of Climate, Air and Sustainability. Not surprisingly environmental life cycle assessment is part of this, but the economic aspects are also not forgotten. In the ALMA project on battery electric vehicles and CISUFLO on sustainable flooring the economic aspect is covered by life cycle costing (LCC). The outcome of an LCC can be used in techno-economic assessments and furthermore in investment decisions. Many of the innovations focus on the future and price volatility may affect the results of an LCC. This internship gives you the opportunity to address the effect of price volatility in the LCCs of innovative projects!
What will be your role?
- Conduct a literature review study to see how price volatility is built in in LCC;
- Review and extraction of information from selected studies and implementation in LCCs of the projects with a focus on the automotive and chemical industries;
- Further develop a regionalised material cost database;
- Report writing of the work performed and outcome of the data analysis.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- You are a Master or HBO student who has knowledge of and is interested in the financial aspects of the circular economy and innovations;
- You are enthusiastic about working on a project that is continuously evolving and combines various disciplines to develop practical applications;
- You can work closely with a multi-disciplinary team (environmental experts, engineers, scientists), but also thrive working independently.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Contact: Tom Ligthart
Phone number: [email protected]