Internship | R&D of Tandem Solar Cells, Modules and PV Systems
Do you want to accelerate the Energy Transition? Join our expert team and challenge yourself into developing the latest advancement in Solar Energy technology.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
- Developing advanced tandem devices, bifacial and with different electrical configurations (4T, 2T) and their interconnections and encapsulation into modules.
- Reliability of modules including accelerated aging test, outdoor test and fabrication of minimodules.
- Improved light management and energy yield calculation including prototyping and testing.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- The duration of this internship is at least 6 months and ideally 10-12 months, preferably in the MSc phase of your study. Please clearly mention duration availability and starting period in your application.
- The location is Petten and/or Eindhoven.
- A background in physics, chemistry, material science or electrical engineering. Practical experience in lab environment and hands-on skills are preferable.
- Interest in the energy transition.
- High motivation, with a curious nature and a taste for problem-solving.
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team and good social skills to get the information you need from the most knowledgeable people around you.
- Good communication skills (in English).
- You need to be affiliated with a university for eligibility.
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
The selection process
After the first CV selection, the application process will be conducted by the concerning department. TNO will provide a suitable internship agreement. If you have any questions about this vacancy, you can contact the contact person mentioned below.
For this internship vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance (VGB) after conducting a security screening. Take into account that this process may take about 8 weeks. If you have been abroad for more than 6 consecutive months, or if you do not have the Dutch nationality, it may take longer. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact: Gianluca Coletti
Phone number: [email protected]