What will you be doing?
We want to accelerate the market introduction of the Tandem Solar Energy technology. Tandem technology overcomes the current limit of photovoltaic modules namely the single-junction efficiency-limit by better using the light spectrum. Tandem enable efficiency potential up to 40% and beyond. The project deals with three main pillars:
- Developing advanced tandem devices, bifacial and with different electrical configurations (4T, 2T) and their interconnections and encapsulation into modules.
- Reliability of modules including accelerated aging test, outdoor test and fabrication of minimodules
- Improved light management and energy yield calculation including prototyping and testing
The work consists in hands-on experience and data collection and analysis as well as modelling (optical) and validation.
What do we require of you?
- A background in physics, chemistry, material science or electrical engineering
- Interest in the energy transition
- High motivation, with a curious nature and a taste for problem-solving
- Ability to work autonomously within a small team and good social skills to get the information you need from the most knowledgeable people around you
- The duration of this project should be ideally 12 months, preferably in the MSc phase of your study
- Good communication (in English)
- You need to be affiliated with a university for eligibility
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness. We are an international team with diverse cultural background. We embrace everyone with respect, open mind and warm heart.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; an internship gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your internship and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable internship compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Gianluca Coletti
Phone number: +31 (0)6-133 91510