What will you be doing?
This student project will be an internship and/or master thesis with a duration of at least 6 months.
The goal of the project will be to:
- Develop a process to realize a strain sensor based on elastomer composites.
- Optimize and characterize strain sensors and establish structure-property relationships.
- Fabricate soft robots and equip soft robots with the developed strain sensor
- Support with the integration of Holst Centre’s other technologies.
What do we require of you?
- Master from materials science, electrical engineering, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, or related with both theoretical and experimental skills.
- You have good communication skills in English.
- Independent but also a team player.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career, an internship provides you with the opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO also goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us, you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your internship, and be given the scope for you to exceed yourself and your expectations. We also provide suitable compensation for internships.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Peter Zalar
Phone number: +31 (0)40-40 20513