What will you be doing?
Holst Centre is an Open Innovation research center founded in 2005 by TNO and IMEC. It is located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. Holst Centre develops applications in flexible electronics together with industry. The application of printed and flexible electronics is necessary for the advancement of soft robotics. Working in a small team, the student will be responsible for demonstrating the utility of printed sensors in soft robotics. The student will be responsible for optimizing processes to develop a working prototype. Hands-on fabrication and measurement of simple soft robots will be performed.
The things you'll be doing:
- Knowledge acquisition through literature survey, discussion with other team members, and internal seminars/colloquiums
- Fabrication of soft robots and sensors in clean-rooms and chemical laboratories.
- Performing electrical and material characterization
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data
- Documentation of results in a technical report or scientific publication
- Presentation of results in internal seminars/colloquiums
What do we require of you?
- An internship duration of at least 6 months.
- Master from materials science, electrical engineering, nanotechnology, physics, chemistry, or related with both theoretical and experimental skills.
- You have good communication skills in English.
- Independent but also a team player.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contact: Peter Zalar
Phone number: +31 (0)40-40 20513