What will you be doing?
Synthesize efficiently solar fuel from CO2 has a huge potential to change the actual energy system and reduce the oil dependency. In the last years the development of new photocatalytic materials to harvest solar energy have focus many efforts. Development of photocatalytic materials can be focus in the unique ability of metal nanoparticles to absorb and scatter light. This property is known as plasmon effect. Focused in this effect, the materials department have been working in the
synthesis of different materials for the heterogeneous photocatalytic synthesis of solar fuels and chemicals.
• Investigation of strategies to form nanoparticles with different shapes
• Performing experiments in a chemical lab
• Investigating the scaling-up synthesis process
• Analyzing the experimental data and preparing presentations
• Participation in group meetings, provide feedback, discuss results, and propose solutions to various challenging aspects
• Documenting the results in technical reports.
What do we require of you?
• You are an ambitious hands-on student from materials science and engineering, chemistry or other related field. Experience working in a laboratory is a plus;
• You are a bachelor or master student in the last phase of your program;
• You have good communication skills in English and you are independent but also a team player;
• Availability: 6-9 months.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organization whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organizations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. The Materials Solution Department combines scientist connected to academia with different professionals connected with the industry to help companies. Technology developments are highly valued in our department. We have collaboration with different TNO departments and are well connected with other research groups.
What can TNO offer you?
You want to work on the precursor of your career; a work placement gives you an opportunity to take a good look at your prospective future employer. TNO goes a step further. It’s not just looking that interests us; you and your knowledge are essential to our innovation. That’s why we attach a great deal of value to your personal and professional development. You will, of course, be properly supervised during your work placement and be given the scope for you to get the best out of yourself. Naturally, we provide suitable work placement compensation.
Has this vacancy aroused your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Contactpersoon: Fidel Valega Mackenzie
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 65526