Internship | Ultra-flexible Active-Matrix Electrophysiology Arrays for Neural Interfacing
Education typeuniversity (wo)
TypeInternship and graduation project
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Holst Centre's ultra-flexible active-matrix electrode array technology offer high precision and large area. Developed initially for foldable display applications, this student project aims to use the technology to improve neural interfacing. More specifically, the project focuses on the development and characterization of active-matrix TFT arrays on foil with three-dimensional conformability.
As a team member your tasks will be:
- Knowledge acquisition through literature survey, discussion with other team members, and internal seminars
- Performing realization and/or electrical characterization in cleanroom(s) and electrical laboratories
- Analysis and presentation of experimental data (electrical and mechanical testing)
- Documentation of results in a technical report
- Presentation of results in internal seminars
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Master student with a relevant background ranging from physics, chemistry, nanotechnology, biomedical engineering, electrical engineering, materials science, etc. with both theoretical and experimental skills.
- You have good communication skills in English
- Proactive , independent but also a team player
- Experience working in electronics is desired
What you’ll get in return
TNO as an employer
The selection process
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Contact: Albert Breemen, van
Phone number: +31 (0)40 4020422