IT Business Consultant | The Hague or Groningen
Contribute to the digitization drive for various societal challenges. Can you see it? Become an IT consultant at TNO in The Hague or Groningen.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
IT plays an increasingly crucial role in the primary processes of all kinds of enterprises. How can we in Europe become digitally autonomous and thus less dependent on US cloud infrastructures? For example, what significance could digital twinning have for factories, bridges or construction companies? And how can we deal intelligently with the increase in energy-guzzling data centres? These are all important research questions in which you, as an IT business consultant, will play a central – and above all independent – role. You’ll work on research projects of which the impact is often still unclear – an unknown and distant goal. Because with us, you’ll be creating long-term successes that benefit the whole of the Netherlands.
What will be your role?
You will be working at the Monitoring & Control Services department from Groningen or The Hague. With us you work together with a diverse group of more than forty colleagues in a professional and international team. And we are broadly oriented. Because in our work, research, technology and its practical application come together. We focus on projects in which all kinds of expertise are discussed, with ICT technology as the connecting factor. Think of state-of-the-art IT solutions for complex assignments in the application areas industry, infrastructure and sustainable energy. The successful development and supervision of public-private partnership projects is paramount. In this way, you and your colleagues are committed to a great social goal: digitization solutions that really benefit market parties, residents and the earth.
Read more about the department your team belongs to.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Academic level, preferably with a technological education such as computer science, software engineering, applied physics, information technology, or distributed systems.
- Being able to see business acumen and the problem from the customer's business perspective.
- Excessive interest in the technical side of IT and in particular knowledge of and work experience with system integration and application developments through cloud and data platforms. Interest in recent developments around the federated data infrastructure Gaia-X is an advantage.
- An (inter)national relationship network in the cloud landscape. Also familiar with the purchase side of the well-known hyperscale platforms and open source ecosystems such as CNCF (Cloud Computing Foundation).
- Good writing and speaking skills in Dutch and English, because that is the language of your customers, partners and team. Familiarity with European projects (such as Horizon Europe, ITEA etc) is an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- Travel allowance.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before September 8, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on September 15, 2022. The second interview round has been scheduled for September 21 and 22, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Ruthilio Franken
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-24593202
Hiring manager: Matthijs Vonder
Phone number: +31 (0)6-204 24263