What will you be doing?
One of the major problems in supply chains is a lack of transparency. It is often impossible to find out the exact provenance of products and who has handled them. This leaves room for fraud and makes tracing specific products virtually impossible in the event of incidents occurring (e.g. food safety issues). Blockchains could play a role in enhancing transparency in these chains. At TNO we are researching how blockchain might be used for this purpose and working on devising solutions with the aid of this technology. And we are looking for you to help us develop these blockchain solutions!
As yet unsolved challenges entailed in designing blockchain solutions which you could find yourself working on include:
- Where do we store the data being exchanged on, in or beyond the blockchain?
- How can we get various blockchains to cooperate with each other (in automated fashion)?
- How, what and where are we to archive what is happening on the blockchain?
- How do we validate the integrity of data on the blockchain?
- How can we support organisations when it comes to configuring a blockchain quickly and easily?
That is why we are looking for a junior engineer eager to work with blockchain. Do you look beyond the technology and are you keen to help companies solve their practical problems with new IT solutions? Working at TNO will enable you to create future-proof solutions with new technology on a daily basis. In the Data Science division, we work for a variety of sectors including logistics, industry, agriculture and horticulture, and government. As a junior engineer you will be using blockchain to work on such things as a fair trade food chain, anti-fraud measures in business and reliable cooperation between suppliers and customers in industry.
What do we require of you?
You are interested in blockchain specifically and new technologies in general and are particularly keen to research their practical applicability. You are motivated to find better solutions to existing problems, from a practical as well as a theoretical perspective. You regard the development and implementation of solutions as a welcome challenge in a wide array of spheres and contexts.
For the position of junior blockchain engineer we are looking for someone who has:
- A full educational background in IT, such as computer science or artificial intelligence
- Programming experience, preferably with technologies like Java, Python, Go, Typescript, Git and Docker
- Experience with blockchain concepts would be an advantage
- Knowledge of technologies for controlled data sharing between companies, such as EDI and web services, and knowledge of semantic technologies like semantic web, linked data, RDF and OWL would be an advantage
- An affinity with working with companies in logistics and the agricultural sector
- A good command of Dutch and English.
What can you expect of your work situation?
Working at TNO will enable you to create future-proof solutions with new technology on a daily basis. In the Data Science division, we work for a variety of sectors including logistics, industry, agriculture and horticulture, and government. As a junior engineer you will be using blockchain to work on such things as a fair trade food chain, anti-fraud measures in business and reliable cooperation between suppliers and customers in industry.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Sharon Prins
Phone number: +31 (0)6-537 15812