The Dutch manufacturing industry aims to become the most flexible and best digitally connected production network in Europe by 2021. If you would like to be part of this, then you're the one we're looking for!
What will you be doing?
Smart Industry is the crucial development of our industry for even greater productivity. This forms the basis for strengthening our future prosperity and competitive edge and products for solutions to social questions. TNO helps to achieve this.
Data sharing, flexible manufacturing and digital twinning are all topical and complex issues for manufacturing companies, so we are looking for a junior consultant to support these companies in how they can best go about this. Would you like to apply your ICT knowledge and business insight to digitisation issues in the manufacturing industry? If so, then you’re the one we’re looking for!
What do we require of you?
The smart industry junior consultant has the following skills:
- You are a mediator, initiating and developing new products for clients, together with partners in a consortium or otherwise and in collaboration with business developers at TNO.
- You are enterprising, flexible and focused on cooperation.
- You are innovative and creative, and have excellent communication and commercial skills.
- Within the team, you are a source of initiatives and a pivot of collaboration.
The junior consultant also has:
- A degree in Technical Business Administration (including an IT component) or Business Information Technology.
- Affinity with working with companies in the manufacturing industry, preferably in the high-tech or medium-tech domain: OEMs (suppliers of end products) and their suppliers.
- A demonstrable interest in the Smart Industry domain and the ability to speak their language, also with SME suppliers.
- A good command of both spoken and written English.
- An interest in the latest developments in the area of interoperability, especially a passion for making research practicable for customers.
- Knowledge of technologies for controlled data sharing between companies, such as JSON/XML, web services, semantic web and linked data, cloud platforms or Industrial Data Spaces is a plus.
What can you expect of your work situation?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Walter Duyneveldt, van
Phone number: +31 (0)6-111 72550