What will you be doing?
In collaboration with your colleagues, you’ll produce smart solutions for sharing data between various organisations’ systems. It may sound simple, but you know that it’s not. Data must be interpreted in exactly the same way by the various systems. You will ensure this by setting up knowledge models to capture the meaning of the data. You will also develop software for platforms that link up different data sources. You will find scientific challenges in the fields of IoT (Internet of Things), Smart Home and Smart Energy. In the scope of the EU-funded project Interconnect. Click here
for further background and SAREF
As a Semantic Technology developer at TNO, you will follow new developments in the scientific world and apply them. This will give you the opportunity to learn everything about data, semantic reasoners, ontologies, blockchains and more. You will work with clients from a variety of fields such as logistics, industry, agri-food and defence. In the agri-food sector for instance, we study ways in which to offer farmers better support for keeping their cows healthy and productive by means of semantic technologies. The better it works, the better it will be for sustainability, the cow, the farmer, and the dairy chain as a whole.
Thanks also to you, new forms of cooperation and information-sharing will arise between people, industries and authorities. In fact, you won’t only be working with clients; we'll also need your help for major European research projects.
about data science at TNO.
What do we require of you?
- A university degree in the area of artificial intelligence, computer engineering or engineering management.
- Knowledge of software development and experience in programming languages, such as Python and Java.
- Interest in artificial intelligence, particularly in the field of semantic technology, such as semantic web, RDF and semantic reasoning.
- Challenges in translating organisations to concrete, usable solutions. These are the things that drive you – the more complex the riddle, the better.
- You enjoy making use of the latest (scientific) insights.
- Your mindset is in line with TNO’s independent position. What could be more satisfying than bringing competing parties together around a table to find the best solution together?
- Cooperation is undoubtably one of your fortes; you are a true team player.
- A benign, cheerful spirit in the team is important to you. At the same time, you like networking in- and outside the organisation to look for new skill combinations.
What can you expect of your work situation?
At TNO, you’ll have daily opportunities to build future-proof solutions for clients using new technologies. In the Data Science division, we work for a variety of sectors including logistics, industry, agriculture and horticulture, and government.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
Visit this page
to find out more about our flexible terms of employment.
You can apply till the 28th of February. The process comprises at least three (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Sharon Prins
Phone number: +31 (0)6-537 15812