What will you be doing?
As a mechatronics test engineer, you will be working together with colleagues on the development and realization of opto-mechanic and mechatronic prototypes for the semiconductor industry, for space- and scientific instrumentation and for the high-tech manufacturing industry. Within the team you will be in charge of integration and of verification testing. Within the project team, your tasks will include:
- Developing test plans and procedures;
- Assembly and integration of the mechatronics part of our instruments;
- Writing software scripts to support the execution and analysis of tests;
- Execution of testing, analysis and reporting of the results;
- Configuration control of hard- and software.
Energy - Earl Goetheer (Principal Scientist): "We work on large-scale European projects and for companies all over the world. That’s something we can be rightfully proud of."
What do we require of you?
To fulfill the role of Mechatronics Test Engineer, you need to be curious and you need to enjoy working in the lab to get your bread boards setups, prototypes, engineering- and qualification models up and running. In order to exceed in the role of Junior Mechatronics Test Engineer you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in mechatronics engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent;
- You have hands-on experience in working with mechatronics hardware;
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink or Python software (C is a plus);
- You are able to work in a structured manner in dynamic project teams;
- You have good communication skills and an excellent mastery of the English language, both verbal and written.
What can you expect of your work situation?
The department of Optomechatronics is part of the TNO Nanotechnogy Cluster, and has over 60 technical specialists, system engineers and project managers, and is growing rapidly. By building working prototypes, we demonstrate how the technical challenges of our customers can be solved. We have a passion for technology, and particularly for its application. We are successful when our innovations help the high-tech industry.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
You can apply till the 16th of May. The process comprises at least three (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then an assessment and presentation. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy aroused your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Kim Dielwart
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-15207318
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiringmanager: Wouter Jonker
Phone number: 08886 66394