Junior Quantum Nanofabrication Engineer | Delft
Contributing to Quantum applications of the future. Envision it. Become a Nanofabrication Engineer at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Are you looking for a challenging project, at the boundary between science and engineering? Do you have experience in designing Quantum Devices? TNO is active on that front and is looking to expand its team of specialists.
What will be your role?
TNO’s mission is to apply scientific knowledge and technology into higher Technology Readiness Level applications. We do this on the topic of Quantum Technology as well, designing and building quantum devices, as well as systems that leverage on their properties (for application in communication, computing, or sensing). The overall process of designing, fabricating, and testing devices is critical to our success and is a complex process requiring the integration of several experts like material scientists, nanofabrication experts, microwave engineers and characterization specialists. You will play an active role integrating these expertise and your own experience in designing and testing devices to advance the capabilities and scalability of our chips. You will do this principally on spin qubit devices in semiconductors.
You will be working in close collaboration with academic personnel from the TU Delft and other research groups, but also with dedicated TNO experts. Robustness and improvements in production yield will be your primary objectives before metrics like qubit number or coherence time.
- Fabricate nano-electronic devices for solid-state quantum computing applications.
- Monitor, control, and qualify fabrication processes, troubleshoot fabrication issues on demand.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Nanotechnology, Electrical engineering, or related disciplines.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with clean room processing: electron beam lithography, thin films deposition, and/or reactive ion etching.
- Understanding of nanofabrication engineering principles.
- Experience with quantum dot device fabrication or maintenance of the fabrication facilities is considered an advantage.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and sometimes the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 21st of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 32 and 33. The second interview round has been scheduled in week 34 and 35. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Jérémy Veltin
Phone number: +31 (0)6-317 57083