Junior scientist 5G/6G | The Hague
Contribute to the mobile technology of tomorrow with innovative cloud applications. Envision it. Become a junior scientist 5G/6G at TNO in The Hague.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Smart technologies, such as in agriculture, transport or factories, require ever faster mobile networks. The technology of 6G is already being developed, while 5G still offers many opportunities. As a junior scientist 5G/6G at TNO in The Hague, you’ll develop and integrate new concepts in the latest internet and communication technologies, in domains such as the cloud, defence, self-driving cars, or the virtual-reality media domain. Which projects will you be contributing to? You can make this choice yourself based on your interests. Develop yourself as a scientist at the forefront of innovative mobile technology!
What will be your role?
Your home base is the Networks expertise group of the ICT unit. A fun and diverse team of 70 highly educated colleagues from different backgrounds and with differing levels of experience. All our areas of expertise (such as cloud, 5G/6G, and media) come together in our projects. We offer a safe, low-threshold environment in which you can quickly find your way. You’re not alone at TNO; we support each other and are open to your ideas! How to get to know us? By participating in our knowledge sessions and fun (currently virtual) departmental outings.
Read more about Networks.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master’s degree or PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Knowledge of an experience with programming languages, such as Python, C++, or Java. Missing knowledge is quickly brushed up.
- Experience with or a significant interest in software-defined radio.
- A good command of the English language, since you’ll be working in international teams.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Possibility of a permanent contract
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- An employer that appreciates and stimulates diverse talent, through initiatives including the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community, and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- Travel allowance or a bike
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Hiring manager: Annemieke Kips
Phone number: +31 (0)6-537 25483