What will you be doing?
As junior scientist cell biology in the Human Biology Team you will work on a large variety of projects, and you will make important contributions to the scientific level of the team. Together with your direct colleagues you will contribute with innovative research to human cell biology and immunology developments to understand the mechanism of tissue functionality in relation to health or disease, and the interaction with food, drugs and microorganisms. The projects that you will work on vary between long-term multidisciplinary programs and short-term business-to-business studies with strict deadlines. You have the opportunity to work together with both the large pharmaceutical companies as well as with small biotech start-ups. Within the team you will take responsibility of projects yourself, but you take ownership of your own applied science ideas to help industry to innovate.
What do we require of you?
- PhD, preferably with background knowledge on stem cell technology, intestinal physiology, immunology with also an interest in microbiology;
- You enjoy to lead research projects and to report the data to the client and to translate the developed knowledge in advise;
- You are able to connect with experts in other scientific disciplines and to learn from their experiences to improve the project that you are involved in;
- You take initiative, you are creative and flexible, but above all, you are ambitious and want to make a difference for our clients;
- Experience with GLP and radiation expertise at level 3 would be highly appreciated;
- Maybe needless to mention, but you have excellent reporting skills in both Dutch as the English.
What can you expect of your work situation?
- A pleasant informal atmosphere within a motivated and professional team;
- Challenging and innovative projects in cooperation with food and pharma industry;
- International focused working environment;
- Full time job;
- Temporary contract of 2 years with intention to continue into a permanent position.
What can TNO offer you?
TNO is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what TNO stands for. With 3000 people we develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. We work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything we do, impact is the key. Our product and process innovations and recommendations are only worth something if our customers can use them to boost their competitiveness. Be aware that we will relocate to Leiden mid 2020.
You can apply till 18th of November. The process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. First two interview rounds and then an assessment. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy aroused your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Wouter Vaes