Junior Scientist (Plasma / Vacuum) | Delft
Contributing to semiconductor innovation for industry as well as the community. Envison it. Become a Scientist at TNO Nano-instrumentation in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
Health-care equipment, autonomous cars and smartphones are just some of the applications that fuel the global demand for semiconductors to produce chips. Semiconductor manufacturers are scrambling to increase production and at the same time meet the need for innovation. As a junior scientist at TNO in Delft you will work with the world’s leading semiconductor manufacturers to help deal with their challenges. You will contribute to accelerating innovations related to ultra-clean lithography and ever greater miniaturization. Envision it and join our Nano Instrumentation group!
What will be your role?
TNO’s Nano Instrumentation expertise group (part of the Unit Industry) at the Van Leeuwenhoek Laboratory in Delft is your home base. Our state-of-the-art research facilities, including ultra-clean vacuum equipment, EUV exposure facilities and XPS surface analysis systems, are at your disposal.
Coming from all over the world, your 50+ colleagues are highly-motivated scientists, experimentalists and project managers, who share a drive to develop innovative plasma and nano technology applications. We offer a highly supportive and caring environment, stimulate knowledge-sharing and welcome your ideals. At Van Leeuwenhoek Laboratory you’ll find a friendly, open and highly professional atmosphere.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A PhD or Master’s Degree in Physics or similar discipline.
- Accuracy, flexibility and resilience.
- Eager to learn new things.
- A drive to get things done.
- Excellent in reporting both in in writing and verbally.
- Excellent command of English, as you will be working in international teams.
- A team player and you have good interpersonal skills, which you can apply when interacting with team members and clients.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Access to our Talent Development Programme.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
Read more about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 1st of June, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 25 and 26. The second interview round has been scheduled for weeks 26 and 27. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Frank Driessen
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 64121