Mechatronics Test Engineer | Delft
Contributing to the future technology of industry. Envision it. Become a Mechatronic Test Engineer at TNO in Delft
Education typehigher professional education (hbo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Within the team you will be in charge of integration and of verification testing. You have a boundless curiosity and you enjoy working in the lab to get your bread boards setups, prototypes, engineering- and qualification models up and running.
Within the project team, your tasks will include:
- Developing test plans and procedures.
- Assembly and integration of the mechatronics part of our instruments.
- Writing software scripts to support the execution and analysis of tests.
- Execution of testing, analysis and reporting of the results.
- Configuration control of hard- and software.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A Bachelor or Master degree in mechatronics engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- At least 4 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working with mechatronics hardware.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink or Python software (C is a plus).
- Experience with control platforms & real time systems.
- Preferably experience with software configuration management systems like Subversion or Git.
- The ability to work in a structured manner in dynamic project teams.
- Good communication skills and an excellent mastery of the English language, both verbal and written.
What you’ll get in return
Perhaps you would like to grow your career in the direction of commerce or consultancy? Or would you like to become a project manager? Immerse yourself in sustainable innovations? Or carve out a career as a technical expert?
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before the 31st January 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 6 or 7. The second interview round has been scheduled for weeks 7 and 8. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
For this vacancy it is required that the AIVD issues a security clearance after conducting a security screening. Please visit for more information the AIVD website.
In view of the current Corona restrictions, the selection and onboarding processes have been modified. Your invitation for a job interview will detail the relevant information.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Paul Verschoor
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-29236794
Hiring manager: Monique Oldenburg
Phone number: +31 (0)88 8661310