What will you be doing?
As a consultant, you will be the link between the Climate, Air & Sustainability research teams and our clients in and outside the Netherlands. Your knowledge of emissions and air quality combined with your strong social skills give you a clear understanding of the client’s needs. It could be a government that wants to measure the impact of measures for example to reduce carbon. Or it could be an organisation that wants to map fine-particle emissions in a specific area. Thanks to you, we shall be able to use our models to answer clients’ questions as accurately as possible.
Your job will be particularly varied. Advising clients, participating in project teams, cooperating with other appointed research institutions, and analysing and presenting project results: these are all part of your job. We also offer you opportunities to lead projects yourself. In short: you can count on a good mix between subject-related work and consultancy. And all of it on an exciting international playing field. From Berlin to South America; you will be helping clients to get more insight into current and future emissions and air quality. Read more about Climate, Air & Sustainability at TNO
What do we require of you?
You are passionate about science and the topic of air quality. But with your sales and consultancy mindset, you also like to build bridges with the world out there. You are unerringly capable of maintaining relationships, explaining complex subject matter in simple terms, and embarking others in what you have to tell. What more can you offer?
- A university degree in environmental sciences, physics, chemistry or mathematics, and at least five years of experience in the field of air-quality consultancy, OR a PhD and a few years of work experience in the field of air quality.
- Knowledge of air-quality modelling in the EU.
- A (budding) network in the area of air quality, which you know how to maintain and expand to a consortia level.
- Preferably experience in formulating knowledge questions on air quality and transforming them into project proposals, for example for EU H2020 and Green Deal calls, ministries, provinces or (international) research programmes.
- An excellent oral and written command of English, German, and preferably also Dutch.
What can you expect of your work situation?
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we’ve been developing knowledge and technologies in the general interest. We find common ground in fascination and resourcefulness, and are driven to push boundaries. There is ample room for your talent and ambition. You will be working with people who are a match for you, who inspire you, and who want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to turn your vision into reality. What you do at TNO, will contribute to it: impact makes a difference. Because with each innovation, you are contributing to the life of the future.Read more about TNO as an employer
At TNO, you will be working in the Climate, Air & Sustainability (CAS) expertise group. You will be part of a group of leading experts, including a professor and a scientist who has contributed to a Nobel Prize-wining study. An approachable team that analyses and predicts the impact of human behaviour on our air quality with great enthusiasm. We do this by means of satellites and measurement masts on the ground, and with mathematical models such as LOTOS-EUROS
. This enables us to calculate the composition and expected spread of a wide range of airborne matter – such as fine particles, NH3, NOx, SOx and O3 – and to trace the origin thereof. Based on this, we can express opinions on air quality anywhere in the world. We also help government policy-makers and corporate decision-makers along in the transformation to a cleaner, more sustainable economy. Meet other TNO staff
What can TNO offer you?
The work is challenging and varied. And with lots of opportunities, because at TNO, you are to a large extent in charge of your career. Besides a gross monthly salary of between €3,700,- and €5,800,- (depending on your knowledge and experience), holiday allowance and a thirteenth month, you will have ample possibilities to develop yourself. Perhaps you would want to grow into becoming a senior consultant, focus more on project management, or have a career as a business developer. At TNO, you can also put together your own ‘menu’ of terms of employment that suits your individual situation. Whatever you expect.
Read more here about the terms of employment from which you can choose
- Prospect of a permanent contract.
- A highly professional, innovative work environment, with top experts as colleagues.
- 28 holiday and 5 ATV (work-time reduction) days (for a full-time employment contract).
- Good pension scheme.
- Good (virtual) contact with your fellow team members and other colleagues – besides work meetings, there are also digital coffee breaks. You will therefore quickly get to know many people, even in this time of working from home.
- Flexible working hours and excellent teleworking facilities.
- Possibility to follow courses, training and workshops and to attend congresses or receive coaching if you feel the need for it.
- Travel allowance or a bicycle.
- Extensive removal package for international applicants.
You can apply till the 6th of December 2020. The first round of interviews is scheduled on the 14th of December 2020. The process comprises at least three (selection) rounds. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Gerard Laan, van der
Phone number: 088 866 2038