What will be your role?
Do you feel challenged by the technological, economic and societal changes inherent to the energy transition? Will you make an important contribution to research and advice concerning regional energy infrastructure?
We’re looking for a medior consultant to stay up to date with developments and link the energy sector’s market party questions to innovations at TNO. Your knowledge of the energy sector and ability to connect enable you to translate technical research into practical applications. You contribute to acquisition trajectories and have a strong substantive role in projects for and with various stakeholders. By quantifying and modelling reality, you are responsible for developing the factual foundation for projects. You have a keen ability to distinguish between key and secondary issues, have a sharp sense for the subject matter’s complexity and are a strong communicator.
You’ll work on projects in TNO’s Energy Transition unit and the Energy Transition Studies expertise group. This expertise group develops techno-economic, socio-economic and social science knowledge, methods and tools that government agencies, companies and organisations can use to innovate within the energy transition. In this group, you’ll work in different teams depending on the subject of your projects.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
You’re an enterprising colleague. You’re proficient at quickly linking people to knowledge, launching new collaborations both within and outside of TNO. You can offer substantive guidance in a team and are conceptually and analytically strong. You have a finger on the pulse of the varying stakeholder interests and can navigate this space skilfully.
- You have demonstrable experience and an established network in the energy sector.
- You possess substantive drive. Experience modelling systems is a plus.
- You have a technical background (in the natural sciences, for example) and are quantitatively well versed.
- You are passionate about both the development and application of knowledge.
- You are a strong communicator and team player.
- You possess excellent oral and written Dutch language skills.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary between € 3.700,- and € 5.800,- (based on your knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). You will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Possibility of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
about tailoring your benefits package.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
You can apply till the 26th of September. The selection process comprises at least two (selection) rounds. The first round of interviews is scheduled on the 13th of October. The second round of interviews is scheduled for the 27th of October. After a positive selection, we will finish off the process by discussing terms and conditions of employment. We try to complete the interviews and assessment within 4 weeks.
An online assessment and reference check may be part of the selection process.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anneke Geerts
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-556 94125
Hiring manager: Sanne Huveneers
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 67219