Medior Developer | Utrecht
Contributing to the energy transition and the climate with the latest technology. Envision it. Become a senior developer at TNO in Utrecht.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
Your home base is one of the Geological Survey of the Netherlands’ three GeoData & IT development teams. In your team, you will work closely with eight to ten colleagues, including developers, technical designers, and analysts. No matter who you ask, your colleagues will unanimously agree: you will be joining a great team with people who like buckle down and help each other. Your scrum team is self-managing, and you actively seek each other out with questions and ideas. And laughter is definitely part of the deal!
Read more about TNO Geological Survey of the Netherlands.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Microservices (Quarkus), Microprofile, JPA, REST, and Jackson.
- Knowledge of and experience with automated testing (JUnit, Mockito), tooling (Maven, Git), and the software development pipeline (Tekton, Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub).
- Experience in making mock-ups and demos.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- An employer that appreciates and encourages diverse talent, through initiatives including the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community, and roundtables on inclusion themes.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 11th of June. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Anne-Maartje Uijl- Meijman, den
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-469 66067
Hiring manager: Mirjam Bartels-de Ruiter
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 62014