Medior IT Business Consultant | The Hague
Contributing to the digitalisation drive for tackling various societal challenges. Envision it. Become an IT business consultant at TNO in The Hague and Groningen.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
IT plays an increasingly crucial role in the primary processes of all kinds of enterprises. How can we in Europe become digitally autonomous and thus less dependent on US cloud infrastructures? For example, what significance could digital twinning have for factories, bridges or construction companies? And how can we deal intelligently with the increase in energy-guzzling data centres? These are all important research questions in which you, as an IT business consultant, will play a central – and above all independent – role. You’ll work on research projects of which the impact is often still unclear – an unknown and distant goal. Because with us, you’ll be creating long-term successes that benefit the whole of the Netherlands.
What will be your role?
You’ll be based in Groningen or The Hague and work in the Monitoring & Control Services department. At TNO, you’ll be working with a diverse group of more than 40 colleagues in a professional and international team. And we have a broad orientation, with our work bringing together research, technology, and their practical application. We focus on projects that involve all kinds of expertise, with ICT technology as the connecting factor. These include IT solutions for complex monitoring and control tasks in industry, infrastructure, and renewable energy. The top priority is the successful development and supervision of public-private partnership projects. In this way, you and your colleagues will be pursuing a great social goal: digitalisation solutions that really benefit market parties, people in the Netherlands, and the planet.
Read more about the department your team belongs to.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- academic background, preferably with a technological qualification such as computer science, engineering physics, IT or complex distributed systems;
- a business or commercial background, for example at an IT consultancy firm;
- knowledge of cloud infrastructures and cloud computing;
- a national and/or international relationship network in the world of the cloud;
- good writing and verbal skills in Dutch as well as English, which is the language of your team.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Prospect of a permanent contract,
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- An employer that appreciates and encourages diverse talent, through initiatives including the Female Leadership Programme, our Rainbow Community, and roundtables on inclusion themes.
- A good pension scheme.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before February 21, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on March 2, 2022. The second interview round has been scheduled for March 7, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Yvonne Pribnow
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-11097594
Hiring manager: Matthijs Vonder
Phone number: +31 (0)6-204 24263