Medior Project Manager Structural Dynamics
Contribute to tomorrow’s world. Envision it. Become a project manager at TNO in Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
What will be your role?
As a project leader, you manage project teams made up of different subject matter experts. In terms of content, you’ll be more involved from the sidelines. Your task is to steer every project in the right direction and to encourage and support your team. Projects are successfully delivered under your management. You ensure that we adhere to contract agreements and budgets, and that the client is satisfied. Even if the outcome is not the initially envisioned solution. In addition, you focus on good publicity and encourage a maximum learning effect among project staff. How you approach all this is up to you. You’ll have a lot of freedom to work in the way that suits you. There is also space to spar and exchange experiences with other project managers.
On average, Structural Dynamics project leaders are involved in between four and eight projects or programmes simultaneously. This entails a great deal of variety! Project scopes also differ greatly. They can be small, monodisciplinary projects or multidisciplinary projects that transcend your team or department. Or prestigious projects in which we collaborate with other research institutions in a European consortium. In short, plenty of room for you to grow as a project manager.
You’ll be working in TNO’s Structural Dynamics department. Here, you’ll become part of a diverse, international group of around fifty colleagues. The atmosphere is informal and congenial.
The department is primarily engaged with projects within the domains of building and infrastructure, maritime and offshore, and defence (with a specific focus on ship vulnerability). Through our research, knowledge development, and advice, we contribute to innovative solutions that – to give an example – extend the lifespan of constructions (such as buildings, bridges, and (navy) ships) and improve their safety. The applications you’ll be working on are determined in consultation with you. Whatever you’re working on, work in Structural Dynamics is guaranteed to be varied, innovative, and impactful.
Read more about Structural Dynamics at TNO.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
- A university master’s degree in the field of civil engineering, maritime technology, mechanical engineering or similar, preferably with a specialisation in mechanics.
- A minimum of five years of relevant experience in a research environment, including experience managing projects.
- You have experience conducting research in the maritime, construction, or infrastructure sectors.
- You are preferably IPMA-certified. If you do not yet have the certification, you can do the training with us.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- Prospect of a permanent contract
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before November 29. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on December 6. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
As you will be working for clients in the domain of defence and security, a Certificate of No Objection issued by AIVD (The Dutch General Information and Security Service) is mandatory. This means you will have to undergo a security screening. Read more about security screening.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Tom Basten
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 66489