What will be your role?
In the Netherlands, the energy transition has started at full strength in order to achieve a CO2-free energy system by 2050. Offshore wind energy plays the lead role in this scenario: the majority of renewable electricity in the Netherlands will be produced by offshore wind farms. TNO Wind Energy focuses on the development of offshore and other wind energy. Reducing costs and improving the efficiency of wind farms are just as important as integrating offshore wind energy into the energy system and the ecology. Your task will be to manage the research and innovation projects resulting from these developments and always involving a wide variety of parties.
As project manager, you focus on your own projects, which you discuss regularly with your project team. Furthermore, there are detailed monthly consultations with the department's project managers. Learning from each other and sharing successes are central to these consultations. As a project manager, you also have regular meetings with the department manager and a controller to discuss the status of projects.
You always enjoy the challenge of getting complex projects up and running and bringing them to a successful conclusion. You organise meetings, for example with the technical experts of TNO and partners to discuss the progress of projects and the division of tasks. If you see that a project is going in a different direction than planned, or that friction is building up between different parties, you engage with them and remind them of the agreements made. Thanks to you, our projects are delivered successfully. In this way, you will be making a solid contribution to the world of tomorrow.Read more about wind energy at TNO
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Thanks to you, every project participant knows what to do and innovation projects are delivered successfully. You speak the language of technicians, but also show your added value in conversations with other partners. You are unrivalled at switching between projects and parties, always getting the best out of a project team. In every project you establish the goal, while continuously ensuring that parties are aware of it. You don't shy away from administrative tasks; your precise and structured way of working ensures that everyone knows exactly where they stand and what the status of the project is. Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A university master's degree or PhD, preferably in physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, technical business administration or mathematics.
- At least five years’ experience as a project manager for R&D projects.
- Preferably experience of subsidy processes, such as the TKI (Top Consortia for Knowledge and Innovation) programme and/or Horizon 2020.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Dutch is an advantage, but not essential).
- Preferably an IPMA-C or IPMA-D certification. If you do not have these certificates yet, you can obtain them at TNO.
What you’ll get in return
Challenging and varied work with a real impact. And plenty of opportunities as, at TNO, you are in charge of shaping your career. We offer a gross monthly salary, 8% holiday pay, a 13th month bonus of 8.33% and a flex budget (5.58% + € 180). In addition, you will be given every opportunity to develop yourself.
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
Read more about tailoring your benefits package
- A good pension scheme.
- Travel allowance or a bike.
- A prospect of a permanent contract.
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- 28 days annual leave and 5 compensation days under the reduction in working hours scheme (ATV, arbeidstijdverkorting) on a full-time basis.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- Access to TNO’s project managers guild: a network of some three hundred equals. The guild organizes workshops, conferences, intervision sessions and other activities for project managers.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
TNO as an employer
At TNO, we innovate for a healthier, safer and more sustainable life. And for a strong economy. Since 1932, we have been making knowledge and technology available for the common good. We find each other in wonder and ingenuity. We are driven to push boundaries. There is all the space and support for your talent and ambition. You work with people who will challenge you: who inspire you and want to learn from you. Our state-of-the-art facilities are there to realize your vision. What you do at TNO matters: impact makes the difference. Because with every innovation you contribute to tomorrow’s world. Read more about TNO as an employer
The selection process
Please apply before 23 August. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on September 2. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Lara Dimitrovski
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Hiring manager: Marc Langelaar
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 63060