What will you be doing?
As a project manager within the Perceptual & Cognitive Systems department, you are responsible for managing various projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of internal and external customers. You motivate your project team, work well with experts from other departments and contribute to creating new proposals.
What do we require of you?
- demonstrable experience of managing multidisciplinary project teams (IPMA C);
- demonstrable experience of writing project proposals for research projects;
- results-oriented multi-tasker, customer-focused team player with organisational sensitivity;
- ‘people manager’, enthusing, coaching, convincing and inspiring;
- capable of acting effectively in an environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders;
- detailed expertise in at least one of the department’s subject areas and knowledge of and a network within the Defence domain are an advantage.
What can you expect of your work situation?
The department (which employs approximately 35 men and women) works to achieve optimum interaction between people and technical and other systems. Examples are human-robot-teaming in an operational defence context, measuring emotions by analysing brain signals, investigating the causes and consequences of disorientation in pilots, but also developing behavioural interventions for children with diabetes by making use of social robots and avatars. The group has a strong knowledge base and has links with multiple roadmaps and customers. The Ministry of Defence is our biggest customer, but we also work on projects in other domains.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career. The salary for this position will be between € 3.500,- and € 5.500,-, depending on your expertise and years' of work experience.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Lara Hagendoorn
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-507 40690
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Sanne Huveneers
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 67219