What will you be doing?
You carry out technical research and advise on the risks for people and the environment associated with the use of hazardous substances, new technology and new energy in the (chemical) industry in a Circular Economy. You specify (customer) questions in the field of measuring and detecting (hazardous) substances in the (petro)chemical industry. You collect (sensor) data from measurement networks of (hazardous) substances with an impact on safety, health and the environment and are able to interpret this data correctly.
What do we require of you?
- You have an education and background in safety and/or environment, process technology or chemical technology, modelling, data analysis or Technological Design (MSc/PhD level).
- You have experience in the field of research, consultancy and data analysis for the safety of hazardous substances and in the field of risk analysis.
- You have knowledge/experience in the field of (smart) measurement networks, data analysis, data assimilation and the associated technology (big data, sensor networks, AI), and specialise in data analysis or modelling.
- You have knowledge of process and device design and diffusion modelling.
- You have experience in conducting discussions with customers in the chemical industry to narrow down the customer's demand and are able to convert the customer's demand into a quotation.
What can you expect of your work situation?
You will work in the Environmental Modelling, Sensing and Analysis (EMSA) department. This is a versatile department with knowledge of measurement methods and strategies in the field of chemical analyses, sensors in air and water for gases and particles, and microscopic analyses of solids such as asbestos and production materials. EMSA works in the environmental field as well as in the circular economy.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Sandra Lemmens
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-23967752
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Esther Hengel, van den
Phone number: 08886 61173