Medior Systeem Architect | Eindhoven
Contributing to the world of tomorrow. Envision it. Become a Medior Systeem Architect at TNO in Eindhoven.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
ESI is an open and diverse innovation research centre hosted by TNO with strong partnerships with industry-leading high-tech companies. ESI addresses the ever-increasing complexity the high-tech industry is facing in the systems they create through the development of new methods and techniques for system design and engineering. Its extensive research programme aims to advance high-tech industry in improving lead-time and effectiveness of their product innovation process, as well as the functionality, quality and societal impact of their products. The ESI project teams are motivated to accomplish a difference for their eco-system within an informal working ambience. In addition, ESI provides specific programmes for innovation support and competence development of system architects and senior engineers.
What will be your role?
You will participate in a strategic research team, working in one of the ESI research projects, where you develop new capabilities for architecting software-intensive high-tech systems and applications. Most of their time these research teams are working on the customer premises. Your work will be in the research program system architecting on the topic of system security in distributed, IoT or cloud-based high tech systems. One of the objectives is to embed new industry needs and technologies in methodologies for architecting high tech systems. At this moment there are two projects in ESI one on security in IoT and one on security in Systems of Systems including connectivity to cloud.
Your work contains of developing proof of concepts to demonstrate the problem, develop different scenarios for solutions; demonstrate the value, constraints and benefits of these solutions and help bring them into industrial use.
More about ESI? watch this video introducing ESI.
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
What else can you offer?
- You have an academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent and a relevant professional background is a pre.
- You have an affinity and interest in architecting for high tech SW-intensive systems, model driven design and complex software development.
- You have an interest in improving system-level security for such (cloud-connected) systems.
- You can give energy to a group
- You look at things from a systems perspective (business, customer, technology)
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Networking opportunities and great activities organized by Jong TNO.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before 23rd of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place in week 31. The second interview round has been scheduled in week 32. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Ruthilio Franken
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-24593202
Hiring manager: Ronald Begeer
Phone number: +31 (0)60118 35631