Offshore wind logistics consultant/scientist
Contributing to efficiency-enhancing innovations for the installation and maintenance of offshore wind farms. Envision it. Become an offshore wind logistics consultant/scientist at TNO in Petten or Delft.
Education typeuniversity (wo)
Hours a weekFulltime – 40
As fossil fuel prices are soaring, accelerating the energy transition is more urgent than ever. Offshore wind energy becomes increasingly important to a carbon neutral system and so does the need to boost efficiency and reduce costs for partners such as wind farm developers, turbine manufacturers and the supply chain. As an offshore wind logistics consultant and scientist at TNO, you’ll be working at the forefront of technological innovation. Would you like to see your vision on optimizing offshore turbine installation and maintenance realized? Embrace the challenge and join our team of highly-motivated wind energy experts!
What will be your role?
The internationally diverse team of the Wind Energy research group is your home base. And your 50+ highly qualified colleagues at our high-tech research facilities in Petten and Delft share a drive to upscale the offshore production of wind energy and integrate wind in an ultimately carbon neutral energy system. Together, we work on a multitude of topics. Which is why we need you to share your knowledge and innovative ideas, as we do ours. At both our facilities you’ll find a professional, fun and supportive atmosphere, in which you are coached and stimulated to develop your full potential.
Learn more about the Wind Energy research group
How do you want to contribute to tomorrow's world? How big can your impact be? Come and work at TNO and envision it.
What we expect from you
Other knowledge and skills you bring to TNO:
- A Master’s Degree or PhD in a relevant subject such as Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Energy Technology.
- Experience in installation, operation and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
- Experience of software development, and preferably experience with MATLAB, C#, Python or a drive to learn.
- A keen interest in interfacing topics such as Life Cycle Assessment, including the environmental impact, as such topics are an integral part of the ultimate success of wind energy.
- An excellent command of English, as you’ll be working in international teams and with international partners.
What you’ll get in return
TNO offers optional employee benefits, enabling you to tailor your benefits package to match your personal situation. You may also expect:
- An extremely professional, innovative working environment where colleagues are leading experts in their field.
- The opportunity to attend courses, workshops and conferences, and to receive training and coaching based on your needs.
- 33 days annual leave on a full-time basis.
- An employer that values and encourages diverse talent, with initiatives like the Female Leadership Program, our Rainbow Community and round tables on inclusion topics.
- Travel allowance.
- Great social events with your team and other TNO colleagues. That’s how you will get to know a lot of people really quickly.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home.
- Extensive relocation package for international candidates.
- A good pension scheme.
TNO as an employer
At TNO we encourage an inclusive work environment, where you can be yourself. Whatever your story and whatever unique qualities you bring to the table. It is by combining our unique strengths and perspectives that we are able to develop innovations that make a real difference in society. Want to know more? Read what steps we are taking in the area of diversity and inclusion.
The selection process
Please apply before the 11th of July, 2022. The selection process comprises two interview rounds. The preliminary interview takes place on the 18th & 19th of July, 2022. In a final meeting we will discuss the terms of employment and your tailored benefits package. We aim to finalize the entire process within four weeks.
The selection process may include an online assessment and a reference check.
Has this job opening sparked your interest?
Then we’d like to hear from you! Please contact us for more information about the job or the selection process. To apply, please upload your CV and covering letter using the ‘apply now’ button.
Recruiter: Frank Bax
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 113 20080
Hiring manager: Marc Langelaar
Phone number: +31 (0)88-86 63060