What will you be doing?
Technological innovation is always the foundation. Smart Industry, which stands for speeding up the digitisation of production processes, is a good example of that. The use of new production technologies like 3D printing can make the production process more efficient and cheaper while raising quality. Moreover, getting smarter machines, robots and other elements of production processes to communicate with each other means they work together optimally. Optimising cooperation is something that happens not only within companies but also and especially between different companies within the value chain. TNO develops platform technology which is tested and used on applications in the market, and focuses its efforts on various aspects of ICT technology including data sharing, artificial intelligence and big data applications, and on developing skills aimed at the sustainable employability of employees as part of industrial transition. In order to strengthen the partnerships and expand the focus of the Roadmap Smart Industry, we are looking for a Senior Programme and Business Development Manager. In this role, you will build ecosystems within the region together with companies and knowledge partners. You will continue to build strong public-private partnerships around a platform technology, making use of shared top facilities. By working together, we can develop more knowledge and ensure that what we create becomes available for practical application more quickly.
As Programme and Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the following aspects:
- Building a knowledge roadmap around Smart Industry so that the internal knowledge investment funds of the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO) and those acquired elsewhere can be used in a targeted way so as to achieve maximum impact in the market and sound financial results;
- Linking in with and further developing the international network. Creating and intensifying cooperation with knowledge-based organisations, universities, government agencies, big business and small and medium-sized enterprises;
- Achieving sufficient order intake in terms of both national and international (EU) public subsidies as well as various forms of business contributions;
- Further raising the profile of the Smart Industry Programme in such a way that it achieves sufficient impact for TNO;
- Leading this initiative by bringing together the relevant roadmaps within TNO and helping to provide direction, in close consultation with the relevant roadmap management;
- Providing advice on optimising the programme internally and externally.
In the role of Programme and Business Development Manager, you will report to the Director Semiconductor Equipment: Rogier Verberk https://www.linkedin.com/in/rogier-verberk-12ab02a/
At TNO, we see a lot of potential in the Smart Industry Roadmap and our position within the existing partnerships. We expect this roadmap to develop further going forwards. This means that we are looking for a Programme Manager who has an affinity with Business Development and aspires to translate his/her vision within the Smart Industry programme in order to develop it further into a full-fledged Roadmap, with the position of Programme Manager becoming that of Director Smart Industry.
For more information about the Smart Industry programme, see: https://www.tno.nl/en/focus-areas/industry/roadmaps/semiconductor-equipment/smart-industry/
What do we require of you?
For the role of Programme and Business Development Manager, we are looking for an experienced programme manager who has a clear vision in the area of Smart Industry. It is important that you can strengthen the position of TNO within the various partnerships and are able to facilitate the transition of companies within manufacturing industry. Your added value will lie, in particular, in translating the transition into implementation pathways. In order to fulfil this role properly and develop the programme into a fully-fledged Roadmap, it is important that you match the following profile:
- You have a background in the field and at least 10 years of experience with Smart Industry, preferably with a specific background in innovation in process improvements within manufacturing industry;
- Experience with relevant innovations in ICT. Affinity with the wider context such as human-centred innovation and skills labs;
- A strong networker who is sensitive to political and administrative aspects. Familiarity with both big business and SMEs, but also with regional/national public authorities;
- An initiator and inspirer. The ability to bring together colleagues from different backgrounds as a team. The ability to bring together companies in joint programmes (such as Field Labs);
- Good command of Dutch and English and preferably also German.
What can you expect of your work situation?
A highly innovative environment with experts from a variety of disciplines. You will work with colleagues from different TNO locations. You will spend a lot of time travelling to partners or working on a Field Lab in which TNO works with companies and other knowledge institutions.
What can TNO offer you?
Work enjoyment means something different for each employee. This is why we offer a-la-carte terms and conditions of employment that you can switch around on a monthly basis. Flexible working hours (like 4 days x 9 hours) and different leave schemes mean that you can create a package attuned to your specific wishes.
TNO attaches great value to both your personal and your professional development. Many opportunities exist for you to develop: conferences, courses, workshops, coaching, intervision, mentoring and job rotation. At TNO you can orchestrate your own career.
Has this vacancy sparked your interest?
Then please feel free to apply on this vacancy! For further questions don’t hesitate to contact us.
Recruiter: Kim Dielwart
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6-15207318
Note that applications via email and third party applications are not taken into consideration.
Hiring manager: Rogier Verberk
Phone number: 08886 66432